Child Care Choices is a non-profit (501 (c) 3 status) resource and referral agency started in 1987 as a community attempt to meet the growing need for child care and to improve the quality of child care.
The mission of Child Care Choices is to identify child care providers for Miami County families and to provide child care information, training, and support for families and child care providers.
Our agency assists families, child care programs, and family child care providers in the following services:
- Information on selecting quality child care.
- Data on child care options in the region, including licensed child care centers, preschools, school-age child care programs, and registered family child care homes.
- Ongoing support through parenting newsletters, follow-up calls and telephone counseling abojut child care concerns.
For Child Care Providers
- Workshops related to child development, first aid and other key skills..
- Newsletters chock full of information on child care trends.
- USDA reimbursement for serving nutritious meals to those providers participating in the CACFP program.
Child Care Choices Board of Directors
Elizabeth Russ, Chair Ann Baird Julie Broerman-Daniels
Cheryl Buecker Rick Cartwright Todd Crawford Sonia Ewald
Charlie Janning Kate Johnsen Kristi Kirinch Carol Myers
Barbara Ruland Nancy Snyder Elizabeth Studebaker
Child Care Choices Staff
Betsy Hamman, Co-Director
Renee Matsunami, Co-Director
Cathy Drake, Story Lady
Linda Herrmann, Food Program Coordinator
Renee Matsunami, Training Coordinator